For the first time ever, KAM will be exhibiting at the upcoming OTC Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, Texas, May 6-9. Come by to see Read more →
KAM ATD Automated Tank Dewatering
The KAM ATD Automated Tank Dewatering system uses KAM CONTROLS OWD Oil Water Detector technology to automate and optimize tank dewatering, bringing repeatability, safety, and efficiency to the operation. Using 2 sensors to monitor water levels in the tank, the ATD automatically triggers the opening and closing of a valve on the draw-off line. Offered as a turn-key system, the KAM ATD offers built-in redundancy and an alarm to ensure that no hydrocarbons ever escape via the draw-off line.
Unlike other dewatering systems, the KAM ATD sensor probes are a single, solid core, preventing the build up of heavy oil, paraffin, etc. on the sensors.
- Solid antenna design prevents tank debris from clogging probe
- Inserts directly into the tank without the need to drain the tank
- All requisite electronics for probes housed within unit and included in unit price
Welcome to KAM CONTROLS
For over 29 years KAM CONTROLS has served the oil & petroleum industry with measurement solutions for oil water detection, water-cut measurement, custody transfer, tank de-watering, interface detection, refined fuels quality control, FAME contamination, and more. KAM CONTROLS products are designed to save our customers time, money, and invaluable man hours through innovative problem solving, user-friendly products, and a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
Long a leader in innovation and design, KAM CONTROLS has a history of pioneering a multitude of technologies and applications for the petroleum industry, including:
- The first ever insertable ultrasonic flow meter
- Being the first to apply coulometric Karl Fischer technology to water measurement in crude oil
- Developing the patented KAM SMP Static Mixing Plate
- Pioneering the use of optics for fluorescence and interface detection in refined fuels pipelines
- Developing the patented, multi-antenna KAM OWD Oil Water Detector (water-cut meter)
- Developing the first ever colorimeter/haze analyzer to incorporate the sensor and all requisite electronics into a single, insertable unit
- The world’s first on-line FAME Meter for the detection of FAME contamination in jet fuel