Search Results for: water
SMP Static Mixing Plate and the E-IAS Isokinetic Automatic Sampler.
* requires density input
CLICK HERE for a white paper on Microwave Resonance Accuracy
API MPMS Technical Report 2570 Continuous On-line Measurement of Water Content in Petroleum
Download LRW Connect Software:
Version 0321 - Models up to SN# 0150
Version 0421 - Models SN# 0151 and up
Detection of water and sediment contamination that creates haze/turbidity
With 1% of full scale accuracy regardless of range, the rugged OWD™ Water Cut Meter is the ideal instrument for monitoring water-in-oil concentrations in a variety of applications from production to pipeline. The OWD™ offers continuous, real-time, water cut data.
Unlike other water-cut meters, the OWD's patented multi-antenna design reads both oil continuous and water continuous modes simultaneously and automatically transitions between the two. Each of the two antennas operates with a microwave frequency ideal for water or oil continuous phase for higher accuracy and repeatability. In essence, it is two instruments operating in parallel with a single microprocessor. The result is measurement over a true 0-100% range with +/-1% accuracy regardless of water content.
The OWD™ also uses internal references to auto calibrate for drift caused by temperature changes of the electronics, and automatically compensates for changes in fluid temperature.
The simplicity of design and quality of engineering employed in the OWD™ Water Cut Meter mean there are no moving parts. The output signal can be sent to Flow Computers, SCADA, PLC’s or to a Central Control Room for logging or display on chart recorders or monitors.
For ranges up to 10% water, the KAM LRW Low Range Watercut meter offers industry-leading accuracy and repeatability with automatic density correction throughout the entire API gravity range.
CLICK HERE for a whitepaper on Water Content Determination in Crude Oil
Microwave based probes offer in-tank monitoring of water levels for system optimization and automation
CLICK HERE for quick instructions on how to measure water in crude oil using our Karl Fischer
API MPMS Chapter 10.9 Standard Test Method for Water in Crude Oils by Coulometric Karl Fischer Titration
ASTM D4928 Standard Test Methods for Water in Crude Oils by Coulometric Karl Fischer Titration
EI/IP 386 Crude petroleum - Determination of water - Coulometric Karl Fischer titration method
Download KF Software:
In-tank probes monitor water and emulsions levels through the desalter process for system optimization
Highly accurate and fast, custody transfer level water-in-oil measurement for marine and onshore labs
HOW TO MEASURE WATER IN CRUDE OIL USING KARL FISCHER MOISTURE ANALYSIS
[caption id="attachment_312" align="alignright" width="300"] PKF™ Portable Karl Fischer Moisture Analyzer[/caption]
Traditional field and laboratory methods for measuring water in crude oil (distillation and centrifuge) can take 30 minutes to several hours and lack the accuracy crucial for many crude oil transactions.
Measurement with the KAM KF Karl Fischer Moisture Analyzer, both in portable and lab models, takes less than 5 minutes. And at 0.1% water Karl Fischer is 10 times more accurate than centrifuge and 5 times more accurate than distillation.
Here are the basic steps to measuring water in crude oil with a KAM KF Karl Fischer Moisture Analyzer:
1. Turn on the unit. From the Main Menu, navigate to Start Titration and press ENTER. The unit will begin to titrate any ambient moisture in the reagent and beep when it's done.
2. Determine your sample size and select it on the unit according to the instructions in the manual. Keep in mind sample preparation and methodology must conform to the standards dictated in API MPMS Chapters 8.3 and 10.9.
3. Draw some of the sample solution into the syringe and discard into a waste container. Do this three times to fully rinse the syringe and needle with the sample solution.
4. Draw a new sample into the syringe that is slightly larger than the desired sample size.
5. Slowly depress plunger to expel the extra fluid and air bubbles. Stop at the exact volume of the desired sample size.
6. Press NEW SAMPLE key on Keypad. You have a thirty-second window to inject the sample.
7. Insert the tip of the needle into the sample injection port and inject the sample into the reagent.
8. Titration begins automatically. When analysis is completed, the unit beeps and the results will be displayed on the screen.
KAM provides all accessories, consumables and reagents. KAM Reagents ship premeasured for immediate use.
CLICK HERE to go to the KAM KF Karl Fischer Moisture Analyzer page.
CLICK HERE to contact us and learn more.